- build new rental units for low to moderate income persons
- adapt old buildings from use as schools, hotels, etc., to rental housing
- rehabilitate existing rental properties owned by nonprofit or public housing authorities to meet local building codes and the Nebraska Department of Economic Development’s rehabilitation standards
- administer homebuyer assistance programs
- develop new single-family housing (including infrastructure) for homeowners
- purchase homes, rehabilitate to meet local building codes and Nebraska Department of Economic Development’s rehabilitation standards, and provide down-payment assistance to new homebuyers to purchase the homes
- administer programs that help homeowners rehabilitate their houses
- increase nonprofit organizations’ capacity to develop affordable housing
The NAHTF was created:
- To address the need for affordable housing as identified by the Department.
- To provide a flexible housing resource to enhance economic development.
- To serve the lowest income individuals for the longest period of time.
- To provide matching funds for federal
The HOME program provides grants to non-profits and local governments to help them develop and support affordable housing.
- Affordable Housing Fact Sheet
- Annual Action Plan
- Program Income
- Affordable Housing Resource Programs Inventory
- Rent, Income, Subsidy Limits
- Certification of Consistency with the Consolidated Plan .PDF
Nebraska Commission on Housing and Homelessness (NCHH)
- 2013 Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week Packet (PDF)
- NIFA Housing Rental Database